- Full Name:- Kabirdas
- Date Of Birth:- 1440 or 1398
- Place of Birth:- Varanasi(India)
- Education:- Completely illiterate(No formal education)
- Guru's Name:- Saint Ramanand
- Date Of Death:- 1518
- Popular Names:-Sant Kabir, Kabira, Sant, Bhakta, Das etc
- I am not a Hindu,
Nor a Muslim am I!
I am this body, a play
Of five elements; a drama
Of the spirit dancing
With joy and sorrow.
- If you don't break your ropes while you're alive do you think ghosts will do it after?
- There's a moon in my body, but I can't see it!
A moon and a sun.
A drum never touched by hands, beating, and I can't hear it!
- I do not quote from the scriptures;
I simply see what I see.
- When the bride is one
with her lover,
who cares about
the wedding party?
- Be strong then, and enter into your own body;there you have a sold place for your feet.
Think about it carefully!
Don't go off somewhere else!
- Serve your God, who has come into this temple of life!
Do not act the part of a madman, for the night is thickening fast.
- Your Lord is near:
yet you are climbing the palm-tree to seek Him
- All know that the drop merges into the ocean, but few know that the ocean merges into the drop.
- Student, tell me, what is God?
He is the breath inside the breath.
- Now I have no caste, no creed,
I am no more what I am!
- Listen to the secret sound, the real sound, which is inside you.
The one no one talks of speaks the secret sound to himself,
and he's the one who has made it all.
- As long as a human being worries about when he will die, and what he has that is his,
all of his works are zero.
When affection for the I-creature and what it owns is dead,
then the work of the Teacher is over.
- The purpose of labor is to learn;
when you know it, the labor is over.
- Man, here is your worth,
Your meat is of no use!
Your bones cannot be sold
For making ornaments,
And your skin cannot be played
On an instrument!